Monday, January 4, 2010

Round 4: Day 79: Cardio Intervals

So much for my Bring It attitude. The last time I did this workout, I crowed about how I needed to double up with another cardio workout to feel any benefit. Unfortunately, due to illnesses in the family which have finally reached me, I was lucky to get in a workout at all today, nevermind doubling it up. Last week, my son got sick with a cold, and somehow never managed to keep more than 1m away from me all week. Yesterday, my wife and daughter came down with matching stomach flu. And me? I've got the title of Sole Survivor, and I intend to keep it that way. Yesterday, I felt slightly sluggish. That may have had something to do with parking in front of the tele to watch numerous NFL games, but my guess is that I may be in for a bit of a head cold. In anticipation, I loaded up on vitamin C and other goods, attempting to stave off ill health. This morning, I woke up slightly congested. I recall reading somewhere that if it's in you head, continue to work out. If it's in you chest, take a day off. Well, so far, it's in my head, so I decided to work out. But, I don't want to press my luck; hence, no doubling up today.

The workout went fine. I don't really find this workout too challenging. OK, it's pretty much the easiest cardio workout I own. So, I managed to raise my heart rate a bit, got my body moving around, and sort of phoned it in. But at least I showed up and pushed play. Tonight, I'm going to get plenty of sleep and rest my body. Tomorrow's workout should tell whether I've beaten these sniffles or not.

2 comments:

katie said...

Stay positive! You did more than most people ever do!

gp said...

Thanks for the positive vibes. I've got a feeling this is going to be a minor cold which will dissipate within a few days. No plans to stop working out.

gp