Thursday, January 7, 2010

Round 4: Day 82: Legs and Back

This workout is likely the most difficult I have, in that my body always hurts for a day or two afterwards. I've been doing this workout regularly for about one year and the effect on my body today is similar to that of a year ago. Either I've been dogging it for a year (not likely) or it continues to challenge me. While I've grown used to wall squats, I still find the single leg wall squat challenging (major leg shake, as always), and the first exercise, balance lunges with one leg extended behind your body on a chair is my nemesis, especially as it is the first exercise and I do it with weights.

I've been using 10 lb weights for most of the weighted exercises, but increased the weight to 15 lbs during calf raises. I think there's an opportunity to yet increase the weights again. That would mean that I'd have to improve my attitude.

This workout moves at a fairly rapid pace. I ran through the entire DVD without pausing, which made for an elevated heart rate at times, but also made for a more intense and satisfying workout. Overall, definitely a keeper.

No comments: