Monday, January 4, 2010

Round 4: Day 78: 30-15

This is fast becoming my favourite workout. It's very simple: pushups and pullups, somewhat similar to P90X Chest and Back, without the additional dumbbell exercises thrown in. Tony takes numerous breaks between exercises, and uses the time to crack wise. It's actually like working out with him, and it almost feels like I'm having a conversation with him between exercises. It makes for a relaxing and really enjoyable workout. Well, perhaps not too relaxing. You're actually really pounding away on your arms, shoulders and back. I spend my time between exercises bending over, moving my arms in a circular motion (stirring the pot) or hugging and loving myself. My arms get a huge pump and near the end of the workout, it's really hard to contemplate more pushups or pullups.

Numerically, I haven't really progressed in this workout, unlike most others. My numbers have remained constant, with the exception of a minor improvement in the pullups. The lack of improvement doesn't bother me. I'm actually pretty content staying with the numbers I have. My measuring stick is the final few exercises. If I had more energy, I would do a few more pushups and pullups. But alas, no. My arms are so tired at the end of the workout that I can't even raise my hands to my face to towel off. I'm completely wiped out. Without energy. Bagged. You get the idea. This workout is about survival. If I can just match the numbers from last time: great. I'm definitely going to do this workout more frequently during the next round.

No comments: