Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Round 4: Day 81: Yoga

It's a good thing that I did Yoga this morning and was able to calm my mind and body, because so far, this has been a vexing day. It's one of those days when no matter how fast you try to clear out your email in-box, new emails keep piling up. It's like swimming against the current in one of those endless pools.

It's been snowing here in grey, old Toronto recently, so I've been shovelling snow daily over the last number of days. The snow hasn't been that plentiful; just enough to warrant going outside for a shovel. Fortunately, due to the current cold temperatures, the snow has been light and fluffy, making shovelling relatively quick and easy. Snow shovelling for me is an exercise akin to yoga: mind-clearing. I find it somewhat therapeutic, being outside in the dark after dinner, alone with my thoughts, just clearing away the drifts. There's a zen-like quality to this work.

Regardless of the zen-like quality of the work, it can leave one with some muscle soreness. This, along with any lingering effects of this week's workouts, was addressed by today's yoga practice. As always, I found the workout to zip by and, before I knew it, the workout was over. While I really enjoy the yoga workouts, I only have two of them, and am starting to get a bit tired of the repetition. I'd like to add one or two other yoga workouts to my collection to have more variety and diversity.

Nevertheless, today's workout has been beneficial in addressing issues related to both mind and body. It's all good.

Namaste.

No comments: