Friday, August 14, 2009

P90X+: Round 3: Day 41: Kenpo Cardio Plus

It didn't take long to work up a good sweat this morning, despite the fact that the windows in my basement were thrown wide open and the cool morning air was drifting in, wafting over me. This workout really moves. It's a different type of cardio exercise from Interval Plus and Plyometrics, as there's not really as much total body movement involved, but the punching and kicking, along with the bending over at the waist, the almost constant engaging and disengaging of the core and the speed of the exercises manages to keep my heart rate up, the sweat flowing, and the blood flowing.

It's a very engaging workout and moves along at a good clip. Much like Kenpo X, before I know it, the workout's over and I'm plumb tuckered out. Interestingly, this is one of two workouts (the other being Abs/Core Plus) where I never pause the DVD at all. I hope to get to that point with the other workouts.

End of week 6. Week 7 won't be the standard P90X+ workout, as I'm taking my act on the road for a few days. I've decided to pound out some cardio routines, as I won't have access to a DVD player, so I downloaded some routines from Mark Briggs' website, printed them out, and will do them in the great outdoors. I'm looking forward to it. I'll likely repeat week 7 upon my return to civilization.

No comments: