Tuesday, August 11, 2009

P90X+: Round 3: Day 38: Total Body Plus / Abs-Core Plus

Total Body Plus

This workout, like Upper Plus, also still takes about 1h to complete. I tried breaking up the workout into three segments of 7 exercises each, which worked for a while, but I still had to take a pause after exercise 17 to catch my breath a bit. I didn't bother wearing a shirt today, which made for more comfortable exercising (not to mention infrequent glances into my tiny mirror to see my heart practically beating its way out of my chest -- not a comforting sight), and I didn't have to contend with the discomfort of a dripping wet shirt clinging to my body during the various moves. It's warm in the basement and I tend to sweat a lot, especially during these hot August days. Even the grips on the PowerStands are pretty much soaked by the end of the workout. It's not particularly fun to hang onto those grips during the Spiderman jumps. Squishy and yucky. Overall, a nice workout, although I could happily dispense with at least three of the moves. Perhaps I'll modify and insert a few toughies from Upper Plus, or Chest and Back, to liven things up. Of course, I say this from the comfort and distance of my keyboard. Let's see how things play out when the workout is in progress.

Abs / Core Plus
Later.

No comments: