Friday, August 7, 2009

P90X+: Round 3: Day 34: Kenpo Cardio Plus

I didn't even bother putting on a shirt this morning before the workout. What's the point? I may as well just walk into the shower fully clothed.

I'm really getting into this workout. I'm improving on the moves (perhaps with a couple of exceptions: Gladiator comes to mind) and starting to get into form. I'm also adding intensity and am focussing on engaging the cage, tightening up the core, breathing with the moves, and improving balance, especially on the kicks and swinging sword moves. I was so worked up, that I continued to sweat even after showering. Gross.

This workout is revealing my weaknesses. It's becoming really apparent that my left hip flexor is definitely stiffer than my right. I've been trying to work on that during my Yoga sessions. Kicks with the left leg don't really match up to the right side. On the other hand, knee kicks with my right leg are accompanied by a somewhat disturbing 'click' feeling within the knee area. I'm going to ignore that, as there's no pain associated with the move, but I get the feeling that some combination of internal body parts aren't quite aligning the way they're supposed to.

I rode my bicycle to the office following the workout. Jelly legs. The ride home should be interesting.

End of week 5. Bring on week 6!

No comments: