Tuesday, August 4, 2009

P90X+: Round 3: Day 31: Total Body Plus / Abs-Core Plus

Total Body Plus

Maybe I'm not in the shape I thought I was. I was expecting to crush Upper Plus today, but instead was crushed by it. I had to pause the DVD multiple times, sometimes to catch my breath, sometimes to catch up to the next exercise because I had insufficient time to record my results, sometimes to get my mind right, sometimes to stand near a window a hope for a passing breeze across my body, which now seems like more than 97% water.

There are still some exercises which don't really do it for me, mostly of the twisting, lunging, squatting variety. I don't have that much space in my tiny little basement, nor do I have a turquoise resistance band. I find the lack of space and the higher level of resistance hampers my form somewhat. I would love to have straight arms on Warrior Swim, but the maroon band has too much resistance. On the other hand, I know that my shoulders are working, and that there's room for improvement.

Like Upper Plus, I really enjoy the push-up exercises. I was able to bang out 30 standard pushups today near the end of the workout, and 28 of the wide arm variety during 1 and 1s. That was satisfying.

This workout still challenges. I (and my muscles) are more confused than ever about whether this is a superior workout to P90X. I'm starting to conclude that it's neither superior nor inferior, just different. I'm not seeing much on the weight-loss side of things, but my clothes are still fitting loosely and I feel well. I'm going to stick with this workout schedule until the entire round is over, with the modification of including Ab Ripper X twice a week, and Abs/Core Plus once a week.

Abs/Core Plus
Later.

No comments: