Thursday, August 6, 2009

P90X+: Round 3: Day 33: Upper Plus / Ab Ripper X

Upper Plus

I'm improving at this workout. I managed to make it through the first 10 exercises without pausing the disc (well, just one pause after the first exercise, to move chairs out of my way, but that was for utilitarian purposes, not to catch my breath, so I'm not going to count it). I paused the disc immediately prior to Spiderman push-ups, then another pause before combat push-ups. It's interesting how Tony says the last three reps should burn; I find the last three exercises in this workout to burn. The combination of Shoulder Everything, Arms Everything and Combat Push-ups is tough on my body. I've been using 10 lb weights for the Shoulder and Arms Everything, which pretty well burns out my upper body. Then, jumping immediately into Combat Push-ups is strenuous. I guess it's supposed to be.

I'm starting to notice minor improvements in my left shoulder, which has always been the weaker of the two. What I haven't noticed is any significant change in my weight. I'm pretty much where I started. Weight fluctuates a few pounds here and there, up and down, but I was really hoping to shed about 8 more pounds this round. So far, not impressive. However, my clothes are still fitting loosely, and I'm wearing my "goal" pants, which makes me feel pretty good about myself. Looking at myself in the mirror, I don't think I'm putting on any bulk. I'd say I might even be getting a bit leaner. But, there's a bit more definition in my arms, so, perhaps, some fat is still coming off, and some muscle is still being gained. I don't have fat measuring calipers, so I'm not sure about my percentage of body fat. I'll have to pick those up, perhaps on my next Amazon purchase.

Until I completely crush this workout, I'm not going to poo-poo it. It has still been getting the better of me, so there's still work to be done.

Ab Ripper X

Totally ripped it. I think I made a good decision to return to ARX instead of pursuing Abs/Core Plus. Live and learn. I'm going to go to Child's Pose now...

No comments: