Monday, July 13, 2009

P90X+: Round 3: Day 9: Interval X Plus

I recalled from last week that I conked out in the 2nd half of the workout, just prior to completion. Today, I knew not to give up so easily.

The first half of the exercises went pretty well. I find it tough keeping up with the kids on some of the exercises, especially the Side Lunge/Side Kicks and Loading Dock, which move quickly. The kicks for me are tough because I can't get my legs up too high in the red phase of the exercise, so it seems more like an extended orange phase, rather than the super-intense high kicking that's supposed to be happening. Mark Briggs manages to kick head high! In my dreams (or, I currently struggle with...)

I took a somewhat extended break at half-time, mindful of not making it too long, because I didn't want to be prone to injury by cooling off too much and then starting back into the exercises. The second half went well. I started off counting down the exercises (15 in total) but by the time I reached 4 or 5, I had lost count, due to concentration on form. I was really sweating and panting by the end. In some ways, it seems like an extended version of 10 Minute Trainer.

I found that the cool-down period was not really of sufficient length for me. I'd like to see them hold poses for a longer period of time. Again, I think that's part of the desire to keep the overall workout to a certain length of time. If I need more time, I'm going to take it.

No comments: