Tuesday, July 14, 2009

P90X+: Round 3: Day 10: Total Body Plus

I had forgotten the exercises in this workout since I had only done the workout once. I thought I would pound out the workout, then follow-up with a round of ARX. Wrong! This workout is extreme, especially if you bring intensity to it. This is like a classic P90X workout where you are the only impediment to success. If you want to try harder, you can do everything you can to pound your body.

I found myself a bit at odds with the lengths of some of the individual exercises. Some I felt were a bit too long, some too short. In some cases, I had leftover energy and wanted to squeeze out a few more repetitions. This wasn't an issue of using weights (or, in my case, resistance bands) which were too light; this occurred during some of the push-up routines where, at the end of the time, I felt I still had 5 more in me. So, I did 5 more, then reset the disc to the appropriate spot. Doing that, along with taking mini-breaks every 5 exercises or so, extended the workout to about 1 hour in length. Then, a nice ride on the bicycle to the office. Talk about total body. Wow.

No comments: