Wednesday, July 22, 2009

P90X+: Round 3: Day 18: Yoga

You know how I said I'd be doing Ab Ripper X yesterday, because I miss it, and feel that I need the extra work? Didn't get there. I cycled home yesterday in the rain, in sub-normal temperature, uphill all the way, into a head wind. By the time I reached home, I was drenched, exhausted, and in no mood for ARX. I wanted to sit beside a warm fire, wrap myself in a blanket, and eat comfort food. Well, 0-3. I had veggie burgers, which didn't turn out, so it became more of a faux burger melange-in-a-bowl-sandwiched-between-pita, and salad. No fire, no blanket, no comfort food, no ARX. It became an evening of relaxation with the family, playing Tiger Woods '10 on the Wii, watching the Blue Jays throw a game away in the top of the 9th inning to the lowly Cleveland Indians, and generally hanging out.

I awoke today, extremely tired (should've had some protein powder and recovery drink yesterday when I returned home) and stiff. It's a good thing that Yoga was on the agenda. I've been promising for some time that I'll get back to Yoga X. I lied again. I reached for Fountain of Youth (45 minutes in length). The opening vinyasas were painful. My body was really stiff and resistant to stretching. Eventually, things got stretched out more or less satisfactorily, and I was able to push my way through the video. Today was one of those days where, despite your body complaining and not particularly being in the mood, you press play and just do your work.

The FOY workout is really nice. I work up a great sweat by the end of the video, and feel relaxed afterwards. In spite of the fact that it's only 45 minutes long, I do feel that it contributes to my overall level of fitness, and it works strength, balance, coordination and the mind. I hope to get back to Yoga X soon, perhaps next week, during Recovery Week.

No comments: