Friday, June 26, 2009

P90X: Round 2: Interim Thoughts

This concludes my second round of my P90X journey. I should say, instead of "concludes", that this is more of a stop-over on my trip. The stay was pleasant; now, on to another location.

I've decided that I'll take a week for recovery (do some cardio, yoga, stretching), then get into P90X Plus. I'm looking forward to continuing that journey. This blog has been helpful to sort out my feelings, allowing me space to vent occasionally, and to journal how my search for personal improvement has proceeded. I'll probably continue with the journal when P90X Plus starts, and add new categories for the new workouts.

In terms of achievement, I haven't noticed dramatic changes on the scale. Overall, I lost about 6 lbs (this seems to fluctuate up and down daily). There has been a more noticeable difference in how my clothes fit, specifically my pants. I'm now down to a size 32 waist (started at 38) and generally, everything is looser and baggier. I'm expecting that P90X Plus will give me additional tone and I think that the focus on cardio will result in some additional weight loss.

I am doing this for me. It would be nice if others noticed my physical changes; few have, or few have commented. Some people think I'm crazy. Some people think I'm a loser for using a product from an infomercial. Those of us who have stuck with the P90X system know that it works and that it can change your outlook about yourself and on life. I don't know whether I've inspired anyone. I do know that I feel better now than I have felt since High School. I'm much happier with my life now than I was 9 months ago (in spite of the recession). In a few months, I'll be 49. I have achieved my goal of being in shape; now, I want to see how far I can push my body to be in the best shape of my life. I'm not afraid of aging. If you are active, if you take care of yourself, if you eat clean, if you don't poison your body, you can set yourself up to be your best. Daily exercise and proper nutrition is now part of my life. Life starts now.

Thanks, Tony.

bring it!

No comments: