Friday, June 26, 2009

P90X: Round 2: Day 90: Yoga X

The title today is misleading. I had every intention of finishing up Round 2 with Yoga X, but decided last minute to substitute Fountain of Youth instead. I just wasn't up to the full 92 minutes of Yoga X. Not a great way to go out, but at least I did the workout.

And a great workout it was. I was super-intense on every move. Even on crescent pose. I had great focus on the details: straightening the rear leg, breathing, straight arms, and stayed in the present the entire time. I can't believe how quickly the workout went. It almost (almost) made me sorry I didn't do the fully Yoga X. I really like this workout because Tony delivers more instruction regarding how the move should be executed and what is to be considered. This results in a good workout in less time. The carry-over benefit is that you can take that knowledge and transfer it back to Yoga X. It's all good.

Favourite move today: right angle pose.

Toughest move today: downward dog, grabbing rear ankle.

Tony line of the day: "Just keep doing it."

No comments: