Thursday, June 25, 2009

P90X: Round 2: Day 89: Core Synergistics

Ahhh, the last day of Core Synergistics. The end of Round 2 is so close I can smell it. Or perhaps, I was smelling myself, as I worked out in the early morning in 26°C temperature, without the benefit of air conditioning. Again, as on Monday, I was drenched in sweat. I'd like to attribute that to my hard effort, rather than the workout environmental conditions.

I was somewhat concerned that the quality of the workout would be diminished by my now-improving hip injury suffered on Monday. The only exercise affected was Banana Rolls. Rolling onto my left hip was a bit painful, but I gingerly managed to succeed.

A modest improvement today over Monday's workout was the Plank to Chaturanga Run. I managed to get in my running during chaturanga. The result of that was that I needed to take an additional break, and immediately paused the disc prior to walking pushups. A reasonable reward for having done so well during Plank to Chaturanga Run, I'd say.

Of special note is my attempt throughout the workout to engage the core. When focussing on that objective, the exercises definitely become more difficult. Tony alludes to that several times during the workout.

I find this workout challenging and rewarding. It has not been my favourite workout, but it has grown on me over time.

Favourite move today: one arm balance pushups. I wish this exercise lasted 2 minutes.

Toughest move today: Plank to Chaturanga Run.

Tony line of the day: "Make everything count: every move, every minute, every exercise..."

No comments: