Monday, June 22, 2009

P90X: Round 2: Day 86: Core Synergistics

This has been a workout that, typically, I don't look forward to or enjoy. Today brought 1 out of 2. I didn't particularly look forward to doing the workout; however, I did enjoy it.

I probably don't look forward to this workout because it occurs only 6 times during the course of a round of P90X. I realize that's more than Chest and Back, and Back and Biceps, and so on, but it seems like the exception, rather than the rule. Also, Dreya is in it. She appears in more workouts than anyone other than Tony, and seems to have a bit of an attitude. It's likely jealousy in me. She could probably kick my butt.

Anyhow, I really got into the mood today (Dreya notwithstanding). The exercises move quickly and are demanding. I find myself breathing deeply and rapidly. I worked up more sweat than Plyometrics, although my overall level of exhaustion is greater in Plyo than in Core Synergistics. Still, the amount of sweat was impressive. Again, I don't know whether to attribute that to the weather and temperature, or my intensity. I'll stick with the latter (if somewhat self-delusional).

There are a series of exercises which I find really take it out of me: plank to chatarunga run, followed by walking push-ups. These two in combination are a killer (in a good way). Now, I'm looking forward to Thursday, when I'll do this workout for the last time this Round.

Favourite move today: sphinx push-ups. Had unusual success today, and could have done more, time permitting.

Toughest move today: plank to chatarunga run. Wow.

Tony line of the day: "He makes Gumby look like the Tin Man."

No comments: