Friday, June 19, 2009

P90X: Round 2: Day 83: Kenpo X

It took forever to get moving this morning. I had a short amount of sleep last night, as the kids were excitedly chattering about completing school and looking forward to summer plans. Also, I ate poorly yesterday, leaving me sluggish this morning. I must remember not to skip any of my meals or snacks. Breaking the 3 to 4 hour rule really doesn't do the body any favours.

So, up at 6:15AM, but not into Kenpo until about 6:55. But, once I was into the warmup, I was ready to go. My body felt pretty good today. Sometimes, my glutes are killing me from Legs and Back the previous day, but today, I was reasonably well off. During the warm-up, my hamstrings felt a bit tight. I tried to stretch them as much as possible, but the poor muscles can only go so far some days. As a result, kicks were tough today, especially back kicks. I even had some balance issues on back kicks because I was having some problems extending my legs to the desired extent and location. Do your best and...

I enjoy this workout as the final workout in the week. It's more fun and less intense than most of the workouts and the time does pass quickly with all the kicks and punches. I'm looking forward to the next level of Kenpo in P90X Plus.

Favourite move today: side lunge, high sword, low hammer.

Toughest move today: back kicks and side kicks.

Tony line of the day: "We don't need no stinkin' break."

End of Week 12. Looking forward to Recovery Week and the completion of Round 2.

No comments: