Wednesday, June 17, 2009

P90X: Round 2: Day 81: Yoga X

There were definite benefits for having done Fountain of Youth yoga last week. The intensity that Tony put into his basic moves (crescent pose, warrior 1, warrior 2) carried over into Yoga X today, making the workout more challenging than ever. I tried to concentrate hard for each pose: can your arms be straighter? Can your back leg be straighter? Is your front knee in the same plane as your foot, or is it leaning towards one side or the other? Can you stretch your arms higher? Can you get a stronger stretch in Reverse Warrior? This added attention to detail made a big difference in the workout. I really huffed and puffed during the moving options. Sweat was rolling off my forearms, onto my hands and onto the mat.

As I write this, I feel really limber, loose and relaxed. I enjoyed Fountain of Youth, but there's nothing like the full 1:32h of Yoga X. FOY feels a bit like Yoga X Jr., in retrospect. If you have the time, I would recommend Yoga X as a superior workout.

I've noticed as I occasionally scroll down the posts, that there have been 0 comments to date. There's a sort of serenity and tranquility in that, as though these words weren't in the public realm. It's as though the entire journey has been documented in a secret and private journal. Sometimes, I have felt that writing and posting to the internet has been a complete waste of time. What's the use, if no-one is there to share your trip? On the other hand, writing has forced me to confront myself, to come to terms with my limitations, and to (silently) savour small moments of success. I've come to the conclusion that I don't really care whether anyone reads or comments on the posts. The act of writing has, in itself, been a source of motivation to me in my quest to complete Round 2 of P90X.

Favourite move today: right angle pose with grab. Strong and solid.

Toughest move today: triangle pose(!): it was early in the workout, and my hamstrings felt a bit tight. I wasn't able to achieve the full, deep stretch I was looking for.

Tony line of the day: "I hear breathing back there...makes me happy."


No comments: