Friday, June 12, 2009

P90X: Round 2: Day 76: Kenpo X

I must have done a great job yesterday on Legs and Back, because today, my legs and specifically, my glutes were killing me today. The warm-up went better than expected, and twisting my torso over each leg went well, with a good range of motion and very little stiffness. The stiffness started later in the day, following the workout, when I rode my bike to the office. After a few hours at the office, I could barely get up to walk around without feeling extreme stiffness in my glutes. I'll have to do the glute stretch from Yoga to see whether I can improve the situation.

My focus drifted in and out during Kenpo today. I was still a little miffed about the office internet situation, and kept thinking about how I was going to deal with it, which took my mind a bit off the exercises. That's not to say that I didn't get a solid workout in. I still sweated plenty by the end of it. My kicks have been improving, which is a bit of a surprise because hamstring tightness doesn't permit me to achieve the leg height I'd like to see. Slowly, by paying attention to form, I've been increasing my height a bit. I think it helps to make the move more mechanical, than fluid. That's what the people in the video seem to be doing, at least. They seem to be doing very deliberate actions, even when their arms are resting by their sides. Anyway, considering I've never done any form of martial art before, and am essentially self-taught from watching videos, I think I've come pretty far, and am not complaining.

Favourite move today: punching sequences.

Toughest move today: side kicks.

Tony line of the day: "No Krispy Kremes in the house!"

End of Week 11. Next: time to really Bring It with Week 12.

No comments: