Tuesday, June 9, 2009

P90X: Round 2: Day 73: Shoulders and Arms / Ab Ripper X

Shoulders and Arms

Reset day 73, Shoulders and Arms. I felt really relaxed today, because I only used my worksheet as a reference, as I had already completed it last week. It's much less stressful when you don't fill out the worksheet (I know, how do you know how you did if you don't write it down?). There's a little extra time between exercises to prepare for the next exercise, and overall, I find the flow of the workout is smoother.

But without the pressure to improve numerically, there's the opportunity to really focus on form, and that's what happened today. I'd have to say that this was a really satisfying workout. I'll learn from this experience to relax a bit more and stop dogmatically focussing on numbers.

This brings me back to where I was interrupted last week in the workout schedule. Starting this afternoon with ARX, I'll be logging my information on the worksheets again, and completing Week 11.

Ab Ripper X

I got down to ARX immediately upon returning home from work. All's well, I'm happy to say. I really focussed on tightening my abs during leg climbs. Also, extra intensity on VF rollups. I thought that perhaps my form had been sagging on that exercise, hence the extra attention to it. Turns out that my form had been pretty good all along. It never hurts, however, to double check yourself every now and then. Familiarity with the program can lead to errors. It's always a good idea to glance over at the TV occasionally to make sure that everything is where it should be. I certainly don't want to court an injury.

Favourite move today: leg climbs.

Toughest move today: backward bicycles.

Tony line of the day: "Heh, heh, heh. They're working hard...I know you are!"

No comments: