Friday, June 12, 2009

P90X: Round 2: Day 75: Legs & Back / Ab Ripper X

Legs & Back

It's been 2 weeks since I did this workout, having missed it last week (hence, the repetition of Week 11) and I had some trepidation when approaching the workout. Following the dreaded balance lunges, the rest of the workout went well, and my brief episode of nerves was really for naught. It feels like missing a workout or two is akin to being completely out of shape. I have to start getting used to the idea that I'm actually in pretty good shape right now, and playing hookey every now and then won't kill me. It's the P90X mentality: once you start to Bring It, you want to keep it up.

Overall, the workout gave me a really good sweat, and by the time I was doing the Debbie Sievers 80-20 speed squats, my legs were starting to complain.

Favourite move today: wall squats. Felt strong.

Toughest move today: balance lunges. After I finish each leg, I groan and really have to shake out the kinks.

Tony line of the day: "It's kind of ballistic, kind of static...it's stablatic! I'm makin' stuff up!"

Ab Ripper X

I've been having some difficulty with my internet connection for the past couple of days, which is driving me crazy, so I have a lot of pent-up energy just waiting to be expelled. What a great time for ARX. I blasted through this workout with so much energy and enthusiasm, I thought I could do it twice. This was probably the best ARX workout ever. And I even managed to relax a bit once it was over and I had a chance to calm down.

Favourite move today: oblique V-ups.

Toughest move today: VF-rollups.

Tony line of the day: "I hate it...but I love it." (have I used that before? I'm not going to bother reviewing past posts to check. I think I'm running out of Tony-isms on this workout)

No comments: