Wednesday, May 27, 2009

P90X: Round 2: Day 67: Yoga X

I had some difficulty maintaining focus today, as work has been busy lately (thankfully!) and there's so much on my mind. I've got some deadlines in the next few days, and all I've been thinking about is how to budget my time so that all deadlines are successfully met. That made it difficult to stay in the present, forget about what's coming up and clear the mind. I found myself occasionally wandering into thoughts about work, about lining up my calls, organizing my day and, as a result, was distracted somewhat from some of the moves. I didn't end up working up a real sweat during the moving options like I normally do, although, I did feel really relaxed and stretched out by the end of the workout.

I recently placed an order for One on One with Tony Horton: Fountain of Youth. It's the yoga program from Tony's new series, and the disc is about 45 minutes in length. I've heard that it's a great workout, and as I'm nearing the end of Round 2, I'm looking forward to the future, and Round 3. Although I love the P90X program, I've become really familiar with all of the moves and the vocals from the workouts, and I'm looking to change things up a bit for Round 3. That's why I purchased the P90X+ series and decided that with the new 40 minute workouts, perhaps a new yoga workout would be what the doctor ordered as well. We'll see.

Overall, the workout went well. I had some difficulty on some of the balance postures, likely due to lack of focus. I'll try to bring a better attitude next time. I can clearly see that the mental approach really affects the physical results. I'll learn from this lesson for future workouts.

Minor victory today: held Wheel for 34 seconds. I'm determined to make the full minute eventually. I'm working at straightening my arms, which for now, are slightly bent at the elbows. I have to study the kids a bit to improve my posture.

Favourite move today: right-angle pose with grab. Really opened the chest, didn't have any difficulty achieving the pose.

Toughest move today: half-moon / twisting half-moon: didn't really bring it.

Tony line of the day: "They do those crazy 'oms' at the end...what you need to do is open your mind a little bit..."

No comments: