Monday, May 25, 2009

P90X: Round 2: Day 65: Plyometrics

Yes, I really enjoy Plyometrics. Yes, it still kicks my butt. Yes, I can get through the entire disk without pausing. No, I do not enjoy doing all of this at 5:30AM. That's when it all started, because I had to be elsewhere at 7:30AM. There's something about seeing Tony, Pam and the guys all fresh-faced and excited about Plyo at 5:30AM. It all seemed quite surreal and a bit obsessive. Of course, I was the obsessive one, not them. They were probably all sleeping at the time. That's what it's like to be a dedicated Xer. Wake up really early when necessary and press play. I can't stand missing a workout, and I'm not interested in Plyo after work or dinner, when my energy level is low. So, 5:30AM it is.

It took awhile to get into the workout. It was probably jump knee tuck time when I finally found my rhythm. Prior to that, I felt a little fatigued. Following the jump knee tucks, I was able to find my intensity.

Cycling to the office was interesting. I still had great energy and was able to really push it.

Favourite move today: sports bonus.

Toughest move today: leapfrog squats. Had difficulty maintaining a really low squat.

Tony line of the day: "Eric's going to be performing on one leg today. That's a prosthetic leg on the right side. So don't let me be hearing any excuses from any of you." Indeed.

No comments: