Tuesday, May 26, 2009

P90X: Round 2: Day 66: Ab Ripper X

Tip of the day: if you're having a super-intense day, do ARX; It'll take everything out of you. I had a very stressful day today and, thankfully, I left ARX to when I arrived home. It also helped that I had left the windows open in the house and, with a 15° high temperature, the room was cold: another incentive to really push the workout and warm up.

The hand position that I discovered on Sunday really makes the first three exercises tougher, especially bicycles. The farther back your hands are, the more you can lean back, and the less engaged your core is. The closer your hands are to your sides, the more you can keep your chest up, and the more your core becomes engaged. I feel like I've been cheating for months, making the exercises easier. No more. Now, I'm going to be Johnny Intense.

By the end of the workout, my stress was (mostly) relieved, and my body warm. Mission accomplished.

Favourite move today: mason twists. Really strong.

Toughest move today: VF rollups. A little struggle on the pulse-ups, and some timing issues on getting up on my butt with the pulse-up when my legs were in the air. What a klutz.

Tony line of the day: "I know it burns!"

No comments: