Wednesday, April 8, 2009

P90X Round 2, Day 18: Yoga X

(Start of rant) Recently, I've noticed a number of postings on P90X sites from people complaining about Yoga being too long, too difficult, too boring, too (fill in the blank). While I understand that Yoga moves at a much different pace from the other workouts and is 50% longer, I can't quite grasp why people have so much difficulty coming to terms with Yoga as an essential component of the P90X program. People seem to buy into every other aspect of P90X: pushups are good for you, pullups are good for you, ab crunches are good for you, lunges are good for you, cardio is good for you...why not stretching, breathing and calming your mind? P90X is a complete body wellness program. Complete body includes the mind. (End of rant.)

Now that I've had a chance to take a deep breath, I will report that Yoga was wonderful (again) today. I can't believe how quickly the time passed. Again, I was able to complete some moves that, until now, I had not been able to do: I got my left knee to contact my forehead prior to the right angle pose with hand grab; I could contact the floor with my feet both singly and together in plough, and I think I stretched farther than ever during the seated hamstring stretches. Buoyant with optimism, perhaps I'll give Wheel a try.

Favourite move today: Crane. Only touched the floor once with my toe during the entire minute.

Toughest move today: Half-moon on right leg. Shaky, and difficult to hold my balance.

Tony line of the day: "Don't bite your toes...arrummph!"

No comments: