Monday, April 6, 2009

P90X Round 2, Day 16: Plyometrics

I like to ratchet up the intensity during weeks 3 and 7, when I know that I won't be seeing a standard workout week for a little while (as next week is a Recovery Week). Yesterday, when I flagged during the second round of exercises and mentally dropped out of Dive-Bomber Push-Ups, I made a mental note not to allow my mind to quit before my body. Today I wanted to put that attitude to the test.

The workout went well. Each exercise, I tried to tax my body. Can you jump higher? Is your chest and head up on the squats? Can you get lower in your stance during squat jacks? Are the arms and legs straight in military march? Can you control your breathing? It seems now that almost everything in P90X is becoming as much a mental exercise as a physical one. Certainly, the physical challenges are there; however, I'm finding that I can do much more now when my mental approach is sound. This is yielding more satisfactory results, both physically and mentally. I feel more energized, more alert, more relaxed and more able to deal with the stresses of everyday life than ever before. I'm starting to feel that P90X has really brought about a life-change for me.

Favourite exercise today: Hot foot (right leg): all day long.

Hardest exercise today: Jump Knee Tuck (the repeat round). Will this ever become easier?

Tony line of the day: "Man, oh Manischewitz, as my uncle used to say" (intro)

No comments: