Tuesday, December 25, 2012

P90X: Day 45: Back and Biceps

Day 45: the mid-point of the program. Actually, the program is structured so that you spend more time in Phase 3 than in Phases 1 and 2, once you consider two recovery weeks  in addition to the 4 weeks of Phase 3.

Anyhow, it's a good time to review progress: weight is stable; energy level good, overall body strength improved, but more improvements are certainly possible; more lean muscle tone and decreased body fat, based on the non-empirical method of how my clothes feel; legs are really strong; left knee could use more conditioning; balance is improved; mental attitude is strong; breathing is good. Overall, things are progressing in the right direction, but there are opportunities for improvement.

Today I raced though Back and Biceps, improving on some exercises, but falling back on one, due to not taking a break when I likely should have. It's been kind of a rushed day, and I didn't have the luxury of time, so I gritted my teeth and ground through the workout. It was still a great burn and a strong workout.

No comments: