Tuesday, December 11, 2012

P90X: Day 31: Back and Biceps

My triceps were still really sore from the Chest, Shoulders and Arms workout earlier this week, so I wasn't sure how my body was going to react to today's workout, which focuses on the arms. Like the other resistance workouts, I dug up my old worksheets for this routine so I would have some information on what weight to use and what repetitions I might expect to see. In retrospect, I must have been in decent shape to have lifted so heavy during this workout a couple of years ago. I wasn't able to keep up with my old self, so I lightened my weight by 5 lbs for most of the exercises and in some cases, also had to decrease my reps. In short, it was a somewhat humbling experience. But, it's good to be humble. I can now set new goals, and look to improve.

Interestingly, as I write this, my triceps are still sore, but I'm not feeling a similar discomfort in my biceps. Maybe a little yoga stretch will solve things tomorrow.

No comments: