Sunday, December 9, 2012

P90X: Day 29: Chest, Shoulders and Triceps

I had to dig up some old worksheets for this workout, because it's been a couple of years since I've done it. Thanks to the program, I had logged all my information. It's definitely a good idea to keep all your old worksheets in a binder where you can fin them. Otherwise, every time you do a workout, it's like starting the program all over again from scratch. Keeping track of your workout information is critical to progressing with your fitness in a positive way. There's no sense in staying the same and doing the same weights and repetitions every time; your body will merely adapt. You have to keep increasing weights, or reps, or both to keep your body guessing and challenged and growing.

So, armed with my old worksheets, I proceeded with the workout of the day. It's a monster, starting with the first move. By the end of the workout, my arms were actually shaking. I was able to match about half of my old numbers, but had to decrease in weight or reps on many of the moves. It's all quite humbling, but definitely gives me incentive to push harder and more vigorously next time.

No comments: