Thursday, November 4, 2010

Round 7: Day 54: Interval Plus

Back to the cardio grind today, with Interval Plus. Last night, I was really psyching myself up to do this workout, so when I awoke this morning, I was already in the mood. My cardio workouts have moved indoors with the change of temperature and the early morning darkness. Months of running have actually decreased my cardio endurance and my leg strength, it seems, because I've been finding these cardio workouts to be more difficult that I used to. There will be a period of adjustment as my body gains strength and endurance.

Today was a little better than the last time I did this workout. I managed to cruise through the first half, really only feeling fatigued following my nemesis, Carlito 3-way pushups. This is a full-body activity with a full range of motion. There's not much of a break in the first 20 seconds, because your body is still run through pretty much a full range of motion by standing, then assuming a plank position, then standing with arms raised. The next phases add a push-up and a vertical jump. It's a tough move, made more difficult by its placement within the workout. I typically have paused the DVD following this move and, upon catching my breath a bit, recommence.

By the end of the workout, I'm sweating profusely. It's not as challenging as an Insanity workout, but it's probably the next best thing. Who knows what cardio torture I'll impose on myself tomorrow.

No comments: