Monday, November 1, 2010

Round 7: Day 51: Super Cardio

My body fared well following yesterday's workout, so there was no trepidation in hitting the cardio circuit again today. In anticipation of some body soreness, I elected to go for Super Cardio, two-thirds of which are sufficient to work up a really good sweat. There are a lot of squat moves in this workout, which really burns the quads. Further, most of the moves have a really full range of body motion, which is really useful out in the real world. When your body is used to bending down and stretching up high, then doing those kinds of movements during the course of a normal day won't cause you injury. That's what it's all about: to be more durable and less vulnerable out in the real world.

In terms of nutrition, I'm taking to an old trick, where I floss and brush my teeth right after supper. Since I'm lazy by nature, I won't brush twice in one night, so this approach prevents me from eating anything after I've brushed. I'll allow myself some water, but that's it. So, no eating past 8:00PM, coupled with brushing early and consuming water should really assist in keeping me honest in the food consumption department. After a few weeks, hopefully this regimen will become a habit, and I'll be back on the health train.

I'm starting to regain some of my optimism.

No comments: