Monday, June 28, 2010

Round 6: Day 36: Chest, Shoulders and Triceps

Week 6 began with a blast. I've always found Chest, Shoulders and Triceps to be one of the hardest P90X workouts, and it continues to challenge. Because of the pace of the workout, there's a cardio component involved, as well as the strength component. As a result of a bit of huffing and puffing building up, I had to pause the DVD as several points to catch my breath and give my muscles a chance to recover before engaging in the next exercise. The workout is unrelenting: there's not really a single exercise I can think of which might be considered a bit of a breather.

I do more grunting during this workout than any other, because I really strain to push out the last few repetitions of each exercise. I end up really exhausting myself, which is why it takes me a little more time to recover for the next exercise.

It's a good start to Week 6; however, this is going to be a week of modifications, where I'll be looking to substitute something for the cardio workouts, while I nurse my sore leg back to health and allow it sufficient time to fully recover, rather than risk a serious and prolonged injury.

No comments: