Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Round 6: Day 32: Yoga

I felt ridiculously strong and alert this morning. I've been sleeping really well over the last couple of nights, and no doubt that's contributing to my sense of well-being. So, well-rested and enthusiastic, I leapt into yoga this morning. There's nothing like the feeling of practicing yoga when you're feeling strong and exuberant. Downward dog felt particularly good, as I stretched out my left calf. It's feeling a little better, although still somewhat tight, and I'm champing at the bit for it to be back to 100% already, as the weather is great and I'm looking forward to being more active outdoors. Still, I don't want to rush things, and will likely dial back the intensity of my cardio workouts until I feel completely confident that I can leap up and down on my left leg without suffering any consequences. If I can do Hot Foot from P90X's Plyometrics workout, I'll know that I'm back to normal.

Mostly everything else in my body felt nice and loose today. I'm not experiencing any hamstring issues, and was able to put my face on my knees during the straight leg seated hamstring stretches, with both hands wrapped around my outstretched foot, palms around the heel. I'd say that it's just about time for a yoga block. It's so enjoyable to see improvements in flexibility. It's mentally empowering to know that with some effort, patience and consistency, you can turn back the hands of time. What's age? It's just a number.

Namaste.

No comments: