Monday, June 21, 2010

Round 6: Day 29: 30-15

It was nice to end Recovery Week and get back into a regular week, especially starting with 30-15. I have a huge crush on this workout. It's long, challenging and still engaging. I'm still unable to reach 30 pushups in the final two rounds, but have managed to eke them out during the other ten. My pushup numbers are improving on those last two rounds, now up to 24 each. I find the transfer from the pushup bars to the floor really energy-draining.

My nemesis, other than the last two rounds, seems to be wide pushups. I struggle with these, but grimly crank out thirty each set, some with butt-in-the-air breaks, but I manage to achieve my goals. I've never been particularly adept at this kind of pushup, likely because my back muscles aren't what they should be. This is still one of those workouts which exposes my weaknesses, which is a reason I keep coming back to this workout and am still enjoying its challenges. I don't really want to do what I'm good at; I'd rather improve at what I find difficult. There's a greater reward in overcoming a larger challenge than a smaller one.

Looking forward to this week.

No comments: