Monday, June 21, 2010

Round 6: Day 30: Insanity: Plyometric Cardio Circuit

Ouch. I thought that my left calf had sufficient healed from last week's running mishap, but apparently, it has not. I'm walking without any tightness or pain, which led me to think that a little Insanity this morning would be just fine, but within a few minutes of the warmup, I felt pain in my left calf, and decided to call it quits for today. I don't want to risk serious injury, so I'll back off from the cardio workouts for awhile, or at least the Insanity workouts. I'm going to monitor how I feel over the next few days, and will likely substitute a One on One workout this Friday for Insanity. In other words: modify.

I'm still feeling well enough to ride my bicycle to the office, so I think that my calf strain is rather minor, and I don't think that I'll have to suspend cardio workouts entirely. Just easing back a little bit on the foot pounding is all that's needed, so I'll look for some workouts which will accommodate that requirement. I have Plyo Legs available, or Cardio Intervals, or Super Cardio, or even Kenpo or Kenpo Cardio Plus. There are options which allow me to continue, rather than suspend. Fortunately, my leg isn't too badly off.

So, I'm experiencing a minor disappointment on Day 30, one-third of my way through the Round. I'm not going to completely restart this week, as I've only missed one day. Learning to deal with minor setbacks is an important lesson in your fitness journey. As long as you realize that this is just a blip in a lifetime of workouts, you'll be OK. It's important not to get off-track and give up on working out. If you take too much time away from your workouts, you may very lose motivation. I'm not going to let that happen. I'll just dial back the intensity a little bit, but carry on.

Bring It!

No comments: