Friday, May 14, 2010

Round 5: Day 90: The End

Today ends Round 5. I had my ups and downs: a little body fatigue, minor injury, a cold, but overall, I feel like I made some progress towards my objectives.

I'm going to take another week off as an additional Recovery Week, doing some light cardio and core exercises, tweak my schedule, and gear up for Round 6. I'm still feeling the effects of a head cold, and I'd like that to completely dissipate before I get into heavy resistance training again. My body is telling me to rest and take it easy for awhile. I think that, for once, I'll listen.

I'm also going to spend the next week re-examining my nutrition plan. I've gained a few pounds (nothing to be nervous about) and, although I think the increase represents an increase in muscle, I do know that I can improve nutritionally. I'd like to be more strict during the coming Round than I've been in the past (although I think I've been pretty good) and see whether I can really tighten up my body and lose those last few stubborn pounds of fat hanging around my mid-section and my lower back. I'm not talking muffin-top, but there's definitely room for some improvement.

I'll try to post some thoughts occasionally over the next week. Thanks to all who have accompanied my on this journey. I'm looking forward to starting the next chapter.

No comments: