Friday, May 14, 2010

Round 5: Day 89: Insanity: Core Cardio & Balance

I'm definitely dealing with a minor cold, so thankfully, it's still Recovery Week. Otherwise, I likely wouldn't have the strength necessary for a resistance workout. Even so, today's workout, Core Cardio and Balance, raised my heart rate and rather tired me out, in spite of the fact that it's much less intense than a standard Insanity workout.

There are a couple of sequences near the end of the workout which really point out my weaknesses: shoulders and hip flexors. The shoulder burn-out sequence, about 3.5 minutes in duration, really does burn out the shoulders. The only way to survive it is to tighten your core, and breathe through it. The hip flexor sequence is just pure evil, starting out easy and becoming progressively more difficult as time wears on. By the end of the exercise, I'm just thankful for the opportunity to allow my foot to contact the floor.

This Round's almost done!


No comments: