Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Round 5: Day 88: X Stretch

Happiness is sitting in 6°C rainy weather at night, watching your son play baseball under the lights. Unfortunately, it can also be the source of a scratchy throat, which is what I had when I awoke this morning. Thankfully, this is Recovery Week, and specifically, today was X Stretch, which is about the least strenuous workout one could ask for.

And, as it ended up, this workout was about all I could do. I felt stiff after the past couple of workouts, which I haven't done in quite some time, so stretching was just fine with me. My hamstrings still feel stiff from a few weeks ago, and I still don't have the range of motion when stretching out my left hamstring that I had about a month ago. It's going to take some time to regain that suppleness. Perhaps daily stretching of the hamstrings would help to resolve that issue.

I'm going to continue to take it easy for the rest of this week (there's only Cardio Recovery and Yoga left in the schedule, after all) and then see whether another week of recovery might be warranted prior to starting Round 6.

No comments: