Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Round 5: Day 87: Kenpo Cardio Plus

Like yesterday's workout, it's odd how Kenpo Cardio Plus, which used to be a challenging workout for me, seems so easy now. This is still a fun workout, though, and it flies by. I like all of the activity, but it just doesn't get my heart rate up like it used to, in spite of my P90X attitude. I think that in some ways, Insanity has forever changed life in cardio-land. What used to be challenging, is no longer, Insanity workouts excluded. Workouts which used to kill me have now been relegated to Recovery Weeks, replaced by new workouts which kill me. That's progress, I guess.

I'm still going to keep this workout as part of Recovery Week, because I find it enjoyable and a nice break from the other cardio routines. It also makes me use my body in different ways from the other workouts, with all of the leg extensions, kicks, and moves that require a big range of motion. Even though my heart rate's not through the roof, it's still good to get your body moving in ways that aren't found in other workouts. That's all part of muscle confusion. I'm looking forward to some soreness tomorrow, and taking care of that with X Stretch. 

No comments: