Friday, April 23, 2010

Round 5: Day 76: Insanity: Cardio Power and Resistance

It was a very tough workout today, for some odd reason. I found the warmup to be really exerting, which is not a good sign with an Insanity workout, as the warmup is just a hint of what's to come. I managed to work my way through the exercises, but I never really felt that my heart was in it. I found the "Hit the Floor" exercise to be tough on my lower back, so part of the exercise felt like I was just going through the motions, rather than really jumping and leaping.

So, the end of Week 11 goes out with a whimper, rather than a bang. It just goes to show that, even with a lot of workouts behind me, there will still be off-days, where your body just doesn't respond the way you'd like it to. It's important to realize that off-days aren't what characterize your workout regimen, as there will be many, many more "on" days, and you shouldn't feel discouraged by one isolated workout. Still, as the Round is wrapping up, I would have liked to have pounded this workout into submission. There will be other opportunities in the future.

I'm looking forward to a good sleep tonight and a rest day tomorrow. That should recharge the batteries for Week 12.

No comments: