Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Round 5: Day 73: Back and Biceps

Prior to starting the workout, I was musing about changing the schedule for the next Round to re-introduce Upper Plus and Total Body Plus into the mix. Recently, Day 3 and Day 5 have been alternating between Just Arms/Diamond Delts and Back and Biceps/Shoulders and Arms, and I'm starting to get a little bored with the Back and Biceps/Shoulders and Arms combination, having done them so frequently. On the other hand, following the workout, I'm not so sure I feel that way anymore.

Like other P90X workouts, this workout grows with you. I saw improvements in about 6 exercises today, which is 25% of the workout. I either increased my repetitions or increased the weight. I'm still following my self-imposed rule that if I reach 12 repetitions, I'm going to increase the weight. I don't want to do more than 10 repetitions, unless the exercise specifically calls for more. On Lawnmowers, I'm now pulling 50 pounds per side, and could likely do more weight, but 50 lbs is the maximum weight I have. In that case, I'll increase the number of repetitions. I increased my weight on strip-set curls, hammer curls, curl-up and hammer down, and others. I like that after 16 months, I'm still progressing.

I might still make a change in the schedule for the next Round, but not because this workout fails to challenge. Sometimes I like to make changes just to keep things fresh and interesting. Just as long as I keep pushing play, it's all good.

No comments: