Sunday, April 11, 2010

Round 5: Day 64: Diamond Delts

I made a last minute substitution today, moving Chest, Shoulders and Triceps to Thursday, and worked out using Diamond Delts today instead. Location was the driving issue. I was unable to work out in my usual room today, so the change of venue necessitated a change in workout. This won't be a major issue, unless it takes me longer than normal to get through the Chest, Shoulders and Triceps workout later this week.

I had good intensity today, possibly because my son was in the room while I worked out, and he kept staring back and forth between me and Tony, comparing our shoulders and arms. Unfortunately, I don't stack up to Tony (in his opinion), but I was given sufficient motivation when he kept calling Tony "buff". The fall of a hero isn't a pretty thing to watch.

The workout went well. My left arm has been able to keep up with my right for a few workouts now, and it's nice to have made that improvement. I'm also lifting consistently heavy weights for the last few workouts, and have made some minor improvements in repetitions. The next time I do this workout, I'll increase the weight on several exercises, as that is the next step I take when I've successfully lifted the same weight for the same number of repetitions over the past few workouts.

I still give myself six extra bonus moves to do after the video workout is over, just to give my shoulders extra work. That in itself is likely indicative that I should be lifting heavier or with higher reps. Perhaps increasing the weight next time will result in cutting back on the extra moves.

It's been a good start to Week 10.

No comments: