Friday, April 9, 2010

Round 5: Day 62: Insanity: Plyometric Cardio Circuit

There's a story that women forget the pain of giving birth. That enables them to have more than one child. Not that I'm comparing Insanity to giving birth (insert eye roll here), but since more than a week passes between repeating an Insanity workout, I tend to forget the workout's various exercises and then eagerly look forward to doing the workout again when it next comes up in the cycle.

Eventually, I remembered what was in this workout. My nemesis, the abdominal series consisting of Level 1 Drills, followed by side to side ski crunches, followed by in and outs. I'm not even sure that I've been making modest improvements in this sequence as time has worn on. I still take mini-breaks when necessary, subscribing to the "Do your best and forget the rest" philosophy. I just wish that my best were a little bit better. Ever the optimist, I'm searching for a reason to celebrate my achievements. I have noticed that the Insanity warmup has become much more manageable, and the first section of circuit training is similarly tolerable. I need to develop a little more endurance, since I'm still pausing the video during the second round of circuit training. That's at least a small improvement in itself, as I used to pause the video twice. That's a 50% improvement! I'll take anything I can get.

Week 9 ends with another humbling experience. Come to think of it, most weeks end with a humbling experience, as Insanity is the last workout of the week. I've got three more weeks to really Bring It.

No comments: