Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Coaching

I'm posting off-topic (the ongoing topic being, of course, what's going on in my current Round of P90X and similar workouts) because I've received a few comments recently about being a BeachBody Coach and wanted to address those comments.

I don't know whether these comments are intended as a promotional device, so I'll choose to be naïve and accept them as compliments and suggestions from like-minded people who are travelling a similar fitness road to me.

I am not currently a BeachBody Coach, nor do I have a particular driving desire to become one. I have been the beneficiary of some fantastic advice from Coaches, many of whom are extremely knowledgeable about fitness, nutrition and health. I'm not particularly interested in steering my career in that direction, either for love or money, but I do appreciate those who have put in (what I assume to be) long hours researching foods, biology and neurology. Further, I live in the True North Strong and Free (Canada), so for now, I'm not even eligible to become a Coach, even if I had the burning desire, which I don't.

I'm also not affiliated with BeachBody in any way. I do like their products (both workout videos and equipment) and, as a satisfied customer, wouldn't hesitate to render an opinion on what I've used, but in no way am I shilling for the company. I'm just a happy user.

So, if your comment is intended to sign me up as a Coach to gain you some referral points, or however the Coach-building / home business is set up, you're wasting your time. If you're commenting because you can relate my experiences to your own personal fitness journey somehow, great! There's a huge fitness-crazy community out there, and it's nice to be able to connect with others. That's one of my prime motivators.

Thanks for reading!

gp

No comments: