Friday, November 6, 2009

Round 4: Day 20: Kenpo Cardio Plus

I got plenty of rest last night and was really ready to Bring It this morning. Initially, upon completing Bun Shaper yesterday, I wasn't sure whether I would be in a suitable condition to do this workout, but following a good evening of rest, I felt I was ready to attack this workout.

Usually, Fridays aren't great for me. I usually find that my butt cheeks are really sore, my hamstrings are tight, and my hip flexors just don't want to flex. Perhaps that's due to the intensity of the Legs and Back workout. I felt that Bun Shaper was a sufficiently difficult workout which would tax my buns and legs. There are three possibilities for the way I felt this morning:

1. I didn't work as hard during Bun Shaper as I should have.
2. Bun Shaper isn't as difficult or as taxing as I thought it was.
3. I'm in better shape than I think.

My ego is going to opt for item 3.

I breezed through this workout today (working up a fabulous sweat in the process). I don't recall the workout ever being quite this easy before. Perhaps it was all the side kicks and back kicks that I did yesterday, perhaps it was some pent-up frustration from the office being expelled. I'm not really sure, but I felt focusses and really coordinated. My balance was better on back kicks than in recent memory and, although side kicks are not my specialty, I almost managed to keep up with the kids, falling only 1 kick short in the rapid-fire side kick sequences. Now I'm starting to think that I should be increasing the intensity of my cardio workouts. I feel that my body has hit a bit of a plateau: my shape doesn't really seem to be changing and my weight has been steady, only fluctuating up and down a few pounds here and there. Following this morning's workout, I was actually pondering purchasing Insanity, and working those workouts into my hybrid schedule on cardio days. Today, when I felt energetic, that seems like a good idea; we'll see whether I'm still so enthusiastic on a cold Monday morning in deep, dark December.

This is the end of Week 3. Time for a Recovery Week.

No comments: