Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Round 4: Day 17: Back and Biceps

I made a pleasant discovery today: I was able to exceed my best numbers so far on this workout. I've come to the point where I think that dumbbells are the only way for me to improve on this workout, unless I pause the disc to complete more repetitions. Curls are easier for me now after having done so many during P90X+. For the last while, I've been complaining on this blog that P90X+ doesn't do enough for the arms and, due to a general decrease in resistance training, one might lose a bit of muscle. That actually may have happened, but my ability to do curls has definitely improved, likely due to the lean-back curls and the pumper curls in Upper Plus (even though those were done with a lighter weight resistance band). I will no longer put down P90X+, as it has clearly helped me in many areas of my personal fitness.

Almost every resistance exercise today was done with the blue resistance band. Most of my numbers increased. I'd now like to get a set of dumbbells so I can take this workout to the next level: heavy up the weights, decrease the number of repetitions, and build a little more bulk. I'm not crazy about running out of time, still being able to do more reps with such a heavy resistance band. Time for a change.

Don't get me wrong: I really enjoy this workout (although I do find Katie to be slightly annoying). I think there's still lots of room for improvement, but there likely has to be an equipment adjustment to facilitate that.

No comments: