Monday, November 2, 2009

Round 4: Day 16: Interval X Plus

This is, for me, the most difficult of all the cardio discs I own. I don't have difficulty with any particular move (although 3-way Carlito push-ups are my nemesis), but it is the lack of rest between exercises which I find exerting. Obviously, that is by design. I'm able to complete the first round of moves, but need to pause the disc for a slightly extended break before commencing the second round. I've never been able to push through the workout without pausing the disc.

The problem for me is the 3-way Carlito push-ups. I'm able to do them, just not (yet) back-to-back with a 1:05 break between. I'm just too gassed from the final 20 seconds of top speed, complete with jumps. My daughter looked at me this morning as I wheezed my way through them, and probably thought that a call to the Emergency Room was indicated. I ended up grabbing my knees and sucking wind for awhile, and managed to recover. It's moves like this which make me feel that I'll never be able to do Shaun T's Insanity. Or at least, not for some time. Major leg shake always results from this disc, especially noticeable when brushing my teeth after breakfast, valiantly attempting not to fall over and using the sink as a prop. Literally.

That's why this disc is particularly nasty on a Monday morning. I do like the challenge, however. In fact, I'm seriously considering leaving Cardio Intervals by the wayside and substituting this disc. This week, I'll be evaluating the program so far, and making adjustments, with the goal of trying to increase the intensity. This disc should play a role.

No comments: