Monday, November 2, 2009

Round 4: Day 15: Chest & Back / Killer Abs

Chest and Back

I was really looking forward to this workout because I wanted to make a direct comparison between this and One on One's 30-15. What I found was surprising in two ways: this is a tougher workout than I recalled, and I was able to push out more repetitions of push-ups than ever before.

My repetitions really increased in Military Push-ups, Wide Arm, Decline, and Diamond. I wasn't listening too much to Tony when he advised that I hold back a little bit so that I would be able to attack Round 2. That wasn't particularly smart, because half-way through Round 2, I felt myself running out of energy. With 5 exercises remaining, I paused the disc for about 3 minutes to give my body a mini-break, then jumped back in for the remaining exercises. The most pleasant surprise of the day came during Decline push-ups. I put a goal in mind, and wasn't paying particular attention when, at failure, I realize I had surpassed my goal by 3. I really crushed the workout today, and felt really proud of myself. I love this workout.

Killer Abs

Today, my daughter decided to suffer through Killer Abs, whereas last week, it was my son. She managed to complete the Ab Ripper portion, but tanked a little bit during Ab Ripper X. I was really proud of her, because she doesn't get too much direct abdominal exercise, and had a really good mindset during the workout.

I love this workout. The first portion, Ab Ripper, is really tough for me, especially the oblique moves, which burn like crazy. I actually find this portion of the workout more difficult than the second portion, Ab Ripper X. I enjoy the ARX bit, but I don't like when Tony pauses momentarily during the workout to count, which throws me off my rhythm. Never mind, I just do a few extra reps of the exercise, just for fun. I'm toying with the idea of doing this workout twice weekly, instead of once. Perhaps this will be the week.

No comments: