Friday, October 30, 2009

Round 4: Day 13: Cardio Intervals

Writing down information is important, and I'm glad I did so. I've only done Cardio Intervals once, a few weeks ago, and have pretty much forgotten the exercises. To prepare, I consulted my one previous post on the subject and realized that I was unhappy with the warmup. I love sending myself notes. This morning, I decided to forego the taped warmup and did a 6 minute warmup myself, addressing the parts of my body I knew would require special attention. Then, with a warm and reasonably happy body, I skipped the taped warmup and went directly to the workout.

The workout starts gently which, early in the morning, is most appreciated. The intensity builds steadily towards the end of the first set of 20 exercises. Then, a short break, and the entire sequence is repeated. There are a combination of moves: some plyometric, some core, some cardio. Some moves combine both core and cardio, such as plyometric lunges with a torso twist thrown in, just for fun. It's not the most intense workout I have, but I did work up a decent sweat by the end. Considering that Day 6 in the workout schedule is to be a slightly lighter cardio day, this workout fit the bill. I will review the workout schedule to see when this workout is to occur, and adjust the schedule accordingly if it's inserted too frequently. I'd like to dial up the intensity somewhat in the cardio department during this round and don't feel that objective will be achieved if this workout occurs too frequently.

End of Week 2. Looking forward to Week 3, which will see a return to many of the original P90X discs.

No comments: