Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Round 4: Day 10: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps

Chest, Shoulders & Triceps

I've never done this workout during the middle of a week; I've always done it on a Sunday. This was by design: first, Phase 2 always had CST on Day 1. More importantly, I've always found this to be a very difficult workout, actually, one of the most challenging for me. As a result, I've always taken some extra time between some of the exercises to pause, catch my breath, and gather strength (both physical and mental) for the upcoming challenges. All of these issues faced me today when I scheduled CST for a weekday.

I was nervous last night when considering this workout. Time is precious in the morning, and there wouldn't be time available for pausing the disc and taking a breather like a Sunday morning workout; therefore, upon awakening, I immediately started the workout, knowing that pauses were likely to come.

But they didn't. I ran through the workout. I did pause once, to show my daughter the insanity of Tony's airborne pushups, a must-see on this series, but other than that, the workout ran uninterruptedly. One after another, I pumped out the exercises, using the final workout of Round 2 as a guideline and benchmark. I was able to surpass some of the numbers, and equal the others, with the exception of one arm balance pushups, where, by the time I reached 15, my arms were shaking badly, causing balance issues. I managed to eke out another 2, but didn't count them due to poor form.

Overall, I was really pleased by today's workout on two levels: being able to surpass my expectations in terms of quantity, and being able to complete the workout with only a minimal pause. I think that next time, I will look to increase the resistance level of the band exercises.

No comments: